Saturday, September 13, 2014

Blood Orange Juice

When I was growing up my parents had a juicer.  Not like the one pictured here, but one of those big ones that could juice vegetables as well as citrus fruits.  One year my grandma got one too, so there were two floating around our family.  Once my grandma downsized from a house to an apartment, I inherited the juicer, but it sat unused for so many years I finally gave it to a friend in one of my moves.  After a couple of years I decided I wanted another citrus only juicer as that is the part I can see myself using.  So here it is above with blood orange juice mixed with regular orange juice.  Because blood oranges can be a bit tart, it is good to mix them 1 to 3 with regular oranges, but you can be the judge of what ratio you use.

2 blood oranges
6 regular oranges

This makes about two good sized glasses of orange juice depending on how much juice is extracted from each orange.

No comments: