Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mallobars

I never have eaten a Mallobars before I made this recipe, but I can say they remind me of smores.  Basically, the ingredients are similar...graham cracker crust, marshmallow center and chocolate on top.  All good things come with chocolate, right?  When I saw this recipe from Cook This Now by Melissa Clark, I knew I had to try it.  I had not seen a recipe for graham crackers before and knew at least this part was something I had to make.  Besides, at the end of each recipe Melissa give additional sources for some ingredients or alternative ways you can do things.  This one had the suggestion of just making the graham cracker portion to eat as regular cookies.  When I lived in Europe I despaired at the thought of not having a graham cracker crust for the cheesecakes that I made there.  If I had only found this recipe then my world would have been complete, but alas at least I have it now.

The Mallobars turned out good, but since they are rather time consuming in that you have to make each layer and wait until you can make the next one, I don't think they will become a frequent creation in the kitchen.  I do however want to experiment with more homemade marshmallows as they are fabulous made at home, but I feel I need more practice with them.  At any rate, even is just one piece is made (like the graham cracker crust or just the marshmallows) I think there won't be a problem with anyone eating them up!

No comments: