Sunday, October 31, 2010

Potato Pancakes

Potato Pancakes always remind me of my grandpa who was the person in our family that always made them for us.  He would cook them up and serve them with butter.  They were so delicious!  I don't remember him putting the recipe together, just the sizzling of the pan and the lovely scent which would fill the air.

After having a guest over yesterday, I wasn't feeling more sweet food for breakfast.  I love breakfast and don't like to just have toast or cereal when I have time to cook.  After thinking about what we ate yesterday for breakfast, I decided potato pancakes would be just the thing.  After a quick preparation of the "batter" which is simply potatoes, eggs, salt pepper and onion, they were ready for cooking.  I am always careful to have the perfect balance of crispy as I love the crunch and enough cooking time for the potatoes to be fully cooked otherwise the eating experience would be ruined.  After cooking each for a few minutes and a hot oven waiting so we could eat together, the pancakes were ready and the aromatics from them were filling the kitchen with tasty smells which could not wait to be eaten.  Not long after, the stacks had been decimated and our belly's full.  Another successful breakfast story.

No comments: